Lyon is one of the best metropolitan areas in France that you need to visit. The town is 3rd largest in France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historic and cultural heritage. A number of its structures and galleries have been listed in world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the Thirteenth century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been closed for hopes and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and it was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great respect and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the English type of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and most beautiful urban parks associated with France. It is a great place for family excursions and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the recreation area include a large greenhouse, botanical garden along with a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the creatures can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and was later reopened within 1993. The area has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The glass ceiling from the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is another fascinating appeal. The aquarium is located around the outskirts from the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of types of fish and other aquatic life varieties have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This theater continues to be dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The actual mall has got the presence of almost all the major brands on the planet. But avoid this place every sunday as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best places in France to determine and discover bons plans restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to achieve Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital associated with France, which is the third largest city and second largest metropolitan area in France. This city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Roman empire and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km away from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km away. It is situated in East of France between 2 rivers called as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to visit in the month of Sept and Oct.